Sichuan Crushed Cucumber Salad
Quick and easy, light and refreshing, perfect for summer picnics or a quick side salad at dinner. This Sichuan cucumber salad is sure to impress with its complexity of flavor, while being super simple to prepare.
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp
Blank Slate Kitchen Sichuan Chili Oil
- ½ tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- cilantro , leaves from around 5 sprigs
- scallion , thinly sliced
- Rinse cucumber and peel the skin if it is tough. Cut in half length-wise, lay on cutting board and smack with the side of a wide knife, a rolling pin, wine bottle, or whatever is handy. Cut into bite-size chunks.
- Toss the cucumber with salt and put in a colander to drain for 15 minutes.
- Make dressing: mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil and Sichuan Chili Oil together.
- Add cucumbers to dressing, mix well, then sprinkle with sesame seeds, cilantro and scallion.