Savory Mushroom Toast
Ricotta toast topped with savory pickled cremini mushrooms, walnuts & Sichuan Chili Oil. A quick bite or light brunch, these toast are a perfect spur of the moment meal.
- 4 slices Rustic Sourdough Bread toasted & cut in half
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz Goat Cheese (Chèvre)
- 1/4 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper freshly cracked
- 1/2 cup
Crisp & Co. Savory Mushroomssliced in half
- 1/4 cup Walnut Halves
- 1 tbsp Chives chopped
- 1 Tbsp
Blank Slate Kitchen Sichuan Chili Oil
- Place walnut halves in a pan, toast on medium high heat for 5-10 minutes making sure not to burn them. Remove from the pan, loosely chop & allow to cool completely.
- Brush toasted sourdough with olive oil.
- In a bowl mix together goat cheese, ricotta & lemon zest until smooth. Season with sea & pepper to taste.
- Spread goat cheese mixture on oiled, toasted bread. Add mushrooms & chopped walnuts. Sprinkle with chives & chili oil. Serve immediately.
If you don’t have goat cheese you can substitute 1/4c heavy cream blending the mixture in step #3 in a food processor.