Grilled Lobster with Sichuan Chili Oil
A whole grilled lobster with Sichuan Chili Oil, scallions and sesame seeds. A stunningly impressive presentation, and fast and easy to prepare, making it perfect for a date night or a dinner party with guests you want to impress.
- 2 Lobster, preferably whole and live
- 3 tbsp Blank Slate Kitchen Sichuan Chili Oil
- 2 Scallions green part thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat grill (gas is fine, wood is better, and grilling over apple wood is best!)
- Thinly slice green part of scallions and store in ice water until ready to use.
- With a sharp, heavy chef's knife split the lobster right down the middle, lengthwise.
- Place lobster halves flesh side down on a hot grill. Cook for approximately 3 minutes, making sure to get a bit of char but not burning the lobsters.
- Flip lobsters onto shell side and cook for an additional 5 minutes until flesh is cooked through. Remove to serving platter, shell side down.
- Drizzle Sichuan Chili Oil over grilled lobsters, sprinkle with sesame seeds and arrange slice scallions on top.